In this post I outline the four study methods that small groups may use. I have ordered them from the most difficult (#1) to the easiest (#4).
- This is the most difficult and requires knowledge and understanding of a specific topic that can have many different views and ideas.
- It also requires group members to be able to flip to different parts of the Bible, which can be difficult for new believers.
- A study based on a passage of the Bible is the second most difficult.
- A LIFE Group leader will have to do a lot of preparation to teach directly from the Bible (time and resources).
- A book study is where a small group leader has the group each purchase a book that guides them through the process of studying the Bible.
- Book studies can be focused on books of the Bible or topics within the Bible.
- My favorite book study curriculm is Warren Wiersbe’s “BE Series”
- Video studies are easier than book studies.
- Only limitation is making sure you have good AV support.
- My favorite DVD curriculum in Chip Ingram’s material available at Living on the Edge